Ode aan de dood

Ode aan de dood

maandag 24 mei 2010

Schets van de liefde #1

We had loved each other for over 5 years. I knew your smile and you knew my tears.
I had kissed your lips and you had hold me in your arms. I had taken you home and you had showed me your charms. But time started to eat away the magic. You started to notice all my little flaws. The way I leave the toilet seat up. The way I clean up the house and actually succeed in making it even dirtier. But I still saw the sparkle in your eyes, the little glint, the fire, the love for a sentimental sap. So I carried on with acting out my childhood dreams, with you cleaning up after me. But months went by and your eyes died out. You didn’t look at me with a feeling of love and a feeling of motherly affection. You started to get annoyed by all the things I did wrong.

And now we’re here. You’ve introduced him to me, told me his name, said you’re sorry and told me you love him. So now, all that’s left me is a shot glass, a broken dream and a whole lot of memories.
I’ve taken you apart to talk to you, to tell you all the things you still need to know. I took you apart to tell you I love you and I’ll probably always will. You don’t want me to be sad, but you know that will have to happen. So just be quiet and listen to me, before you take off. I do appreciate the things you do for me. I’m safe in your arms and happy with your kiss. I’ve drowned time and time again in your eyes and your smile.

But I’m too late. I should have grown up sooner. Should have opened my eyes to see yours close in shame. So all I’ll sat now is… Love. Love him like you used to love me, but make sure it stays that way forever. Be happy. Promise me you’ll do everything you can to be that way. Care! Care for him, for you and for your future! I wish you love, happiness, affection and the sparkle to come back into your eyes. I see it when you look at him and that’s my cue. My time to go. I’ll drink and cry over losing you. But just as time eats away love, it will eat away the pain. So rest your head on his shoulders and look him in the eyes. Be happy, try to be, because I love you.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten