Ode aan de dood

Ode aan de dood

maandag 24 mei 2010

17 % vol. A view on life

So this is it, I guess. The beginning of a confessional by a 17 year old guy, with an over romantic side and a cynical view on people. I’m here to tell you about a view on life, tainted by my adventures and mishaps.
The world is harsh and beautiful. It’s enchanting with its wondrous sight, but revolting with its hidden goals. It will show greatness in the smallest of things and narrow-mindedness in the greatest manifestations. The serene beauty of a flower and the inhumanity of war are both part of this world and are both equally important.
But flowers lose their petals and wars end by force or by reasoning.
Just as this world revolves is defined by those two characteristics, so is life.
We can find absolute bliss in a lover’s kiss, a friends laughter or family member’s embrace. But we also find fear and sadness in the loss of partners and the loneliness we more and more often find in a sterile Western society.
The things I’ve just talked about are things everyone experiences. Everyone meets love and loses it. And how hard it may seem, we all seem to fall for love’s charms over and over again. But that is the beauty of love. A constant rebirth of one of the purest feelings, although some say only the everlasting one is real.
I’m 17 now. I’ve been through childhood and puberty and I already have experienced moments in life I wouldn’t wish anyone had to experience. And in another way, I wish everyone does. Because the most awful moments in our life are those we learn the most of.
I still fight for tolerance and peace, but my life has learned me to see that these dreams are worth fighting for, but they are nothing more than dreams and unachievable. 
I’ve not lost my childhood values, but I’ve watered them down. I’ve learned to live this life in moderation. And just as a glass of Baileys, there’s a strong taste, but with a soothing effect. Moderation has become a lifestyle and a seemingly good alcohol percentage.
This was it. The beginning of my confessional and a description of the point of view from which it’s written.

-Op aanvraag van Liesbeth Verheyen-

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten