Ode aan de dood

Ode aan de dood

zaterdag 23 april 2011

Picadilly Notebook Entry #10

19/04/2011 In hindsight

I've thought it all through now
The truths I've been told
All the lies to which I did bow
And the principles I've sold

You'll grow old and join me
But hang on untill then
In the way you used to be
Until it's time to change again

I guess it's mostly time well spent
The laughter and the tears
Keep on switching until you're old, worn and bent
When you face the last of all fears.

But don't worry, my friends and lovers,
The world keeps on turning
As your ever-sleeping body lies under the starry covers
Mankinds passions will keep on burning

You'll learn about the mistakes you've made
When you see the lonesome night
And you'll remember all the cards you've played
The love, the hate and the understanding will show their value in hindsight.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten