Ode aan de dood

Ode aan de dood

maandag 1 november 2010

Lovers but not by feline law

The world is harsh for a tigercub
when it's in love with a kitten
Doesn't matter which way you rub
You'll always end up bitten

I've loved her for a while now
But always from a far
Because the rules state it clear
That tigercubs can't fall in love with kittens

But hello, mister Cat
and hello miss. Puss
I've come to ask for your daughter's paw
In marriage but not by feline law

I've come for her
And the only thing that'll stop me
Is when my kitten says no
and I have to let my tail hang between my legs and run

But maybe if you'll let me
I can ask for a trial of integration
And we stay and live here together
A tigercub with his cat-and-pussy inlaws

But the fur around my eyes is starting to glissen
For my dearest kitten turned me down
And as I shed my feline tear
The story ends
The story of interfeline love
of a tigercub and the kitten that was too caged to leave.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten