Ode aan de dood

Ode aan de dood

woensdag 15 juni 2011

One fell into the cuckoo's nest

The immaculate conception of a world within me
Beyond my comprehension and my reason
As it conquers all of my senses
With the force and brutality of a pathological Genghis Khan.

Almost biologically destined, but certainly genetically inclined
To be the black sheep on an ever-changing field
As the cerebral shepherd loses his way and lets the wolves in
More lost and incapable, than fleeing from reality or duty.

The unwanted and unwished Messiah
Son and plaything of the God of hallucination and fear
Begging for salvation from this surreal existence,
But salvation is found when the world stops spinning
And reason lays it to rest.

Hearing the voices of forlorn generations
Though the world outside stays silent
Demands of violence in name of purity and preservation
While the guile becomes resistant to water and soap.

This bizarro Wonderland that has formed itself
In the world my mind has created on its own
It lives unconnected with what is,
And believes in what it fears can be
Constituting the reason to its madness
A self-fulfilling prophecy of misinterpreting paranoia.

But there has been found help
In drug-induced normality
And chemical rationality
Influencing myself,
Changing the inner workings
Of that which determines
My being and my personality

Estranging myself from my body
In an attempt to win back that
Which sets man apart from animal
And the final goal of all that is ethical
The rational of man,
The source of its autonomy,
The victim of a power beyond my control
Though imbedded in my brain.

Freed from fear and nefarious psychedelic imagining
I live a life of ever-temporal sanity, made possible by the unnatural
In control of what I am and what afflicts me,
By affecting it with substances originally unknown
But necessary for a life among the people,
Whose existence is certain, but whose mindset is determined by who is lord of my cranial house, And by medicinal drug use, my mind can accept them as those loved and loving.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten